A fresh salad on a hot summer day is always a tasty treat. This recipe takes advantage of all the produce growing in the Sweet Farm fields right now! You can get your own share of produce through our U-Pick Club! Sign-up now for the Fall Season.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Once hot, add 1 Tbsp olive oil and shallot.
- Sauté until soft and fragrant -About 4 minutes. Remove from heat andset aside and cool slightly.
- Add all other dressing ingredients to a blender and blend until pureed. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed to combine.
- Plate salad.
- Serve additional dressing on the side.
- Fun Topper: Roasted pecans!
What you'll need:
- 8 ounces Arugula
- 1-1½ cups hulled and quartered Strawberries
- 2½ Tablespoons Hemp Seeds
For the Dressing:
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 Shallots thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- Pinch of salt and pepper