"Central to Sweet Farm's mission is to empower people with the knowledge needed to lead a more humane and sustainable life."
Sweet Farm is a Half Moon Bay non-profit farm animal sanctuary and heirloom vegetable farm. Our mission is to empower people with the knowledge needed to live a more humane and sustainable life. Rescue, rehabilitation, education, and outreach coupled with animal and agriculture based experiences combine to provide a positive learning experience about the many impacts of our daily food choices. Central to Sweet Farm's mission is to empower people with the knowledge needed to take simple steps to lead a more humane lifestyle and create a better world for farm animals. In addition to its focus on animal welfare, Sweet Farm is devoted to developing agricultural based education programs. Through these programs we teach the public about the impact of factory farming on plants, specifically the loss of the bio-diversity that is threatening our food system.
Together with you, we've achieved:
- 2016 Rescues:
- Gizmo, a mini Hereford Steer
- Sturgis, a 33 year old Stallion
- 3 Loving, Fluffy Sheep
- 3 Silly, Charismatic Goats
- 4 Hard-working Barn Cats
- 47 Backyard Breed Chickens
- 2016 was our first full year as a non-profit. Thanks to the amazing support of our dedicated community we've been able to build out the necessary infrastructure for our first rescues, host our first open houses and begin educating the public on farm animal issues. Check out the full 2016 wrap up in our News section!