"Central to Sweet Farm's mission is to empower people with the knowledge needed to take simple steps to lead a more humane lifestyle."
Located on prime farmland in California's Half Moon Bay, Sweet Farm Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the humane treatment of animals in the food system. Rescue, rehabilitation, education, and outreach coupled with animal and agriculture based experiences combine to provide visitors of all ages a positive learning experience about the many places from which food comes. Central to Sweet Farm's mission is to empower people with the knowledge needed to take simple steps to lead a more humane lifestyle. In addition to its focus on animal welfare, Sweet Farm is devoted to developing agricultural education programs to teach the public about the impact of factory farming on other areas of one's life, specifically the loss of the bio-diversity and beauty that exists with heritage fruits and vegetables.
Together with you, we've achieved:
- 2016 Rescues:
- Gizmo, a mini Hereford Steer
- Sturgis, a 33 year old Stallion
- 3 Loving, Fluffy Sheep
- 3 Silly, Charismatic Goats
- 4 Hard-working Barn Cats
- 47 Backyard Breed Chickens
- 2016 was our first full year as a non-profit. Thanks to the amazing support of our dedicated community we've been able to build out the necessary infrastructure for our first rescues, host our first open houses and begin educating the public on farm animal issues. Check out the full 2016 wrap up in our News section!